none
I'm looking for assistance in connecting my google drive (on windows lap top) to communicate/sync with my Android phone's google drive.

Question

•   

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for my question, I'm not quite sure this is even the correct area for such discussion.

I have google drive on my android phone, this is where most of my photos and videos are stored. I, of course, have google drive set up on my Intel laptop, also. It was my understanding that the google drive on my laptop would work much like the google drive on my phone, backing up all of my photos and videos. I even upgraded my storage to 100gb (only 17gb  used). It seems everything on my laptop is trying to sync to "OneDrive", which is full. I don't know how to make Google drive the default to solve this issue, but that's a whole other topic. What I'm trying to do at this time is transfer photos from the drive on my Android to the drive on my laptop so I can send a large amount at one time and not a few at a time via email. 

At this <g class="gr_ gr_1324 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="1324" id="1324">point</g> I've physically hooked my phone up to my <g class="gr_ gr_1319 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="1319" id="1319">pc</g> via <g class="gr_ gr_1328 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="1328" id="1328">usb</g> and when I open my device to the option of "transfer photos and documents" my laptop is telling me there <g class="gr_ gr_1451 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="1451" id="1451">is</g> zero files found. 

Again, I apologize if this isn't the correct forum. I'm just kind of at a loss. Too many issues going on within my laptop to sort out so I'm just trying to at least get a few groupings of photos into one place for easy access.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Lee

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Lee,

This forum is for Microsoft SharePoint Online. As this issue is regarding to Android, I suggest to contact with relevant support.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

And here is a blog about how to transfer files from Android to pc, which would help you:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/transfer-files-android-pc/

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:42 AM