none
The need is to reject timesheets submitted for more than allocated hours in that week. RRS feed

• Question

• First Question : -
        1. Project Online provide a functionality to set auto approval rules for tasks updates , is there a provision or a way/workaround to set rules for Timesheets ?
        2. The need is to reject timesheets submitted for more than allocated hours in that week.
      • Second Question : -
        1. On Timesheet page we can see the planned hours for each tasks , can we auto populate the actuals based on planned hours ?
      • Third Question :-
      1. Is there any third part tool avilable to achieve these needs or thorugh custom coding on timesheet page
    Friday, February 15, 2019 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Sanjeet,

1) Indeed autoapproval rules are for task update approvals, not timesheet. You can set the resource himself as his resource manager and it will auto approve the timesheet. Otherwie it will be custom code. You cannot auto reject timesheets exceeding a certain number of hours, but you can specify in the timesheet settings a max number of hours for a timesheet. If the resource tries to submit more tha nthis maximum, he will be prompted and he will have to correct it before he can submit.

2) I'm not aware of any third party tool doing those specific needs but you can for sure do your own custom development, such as this example. That being said, in my opinion, the objective of the timesheet is for the proejct manager to know if the resources have work as planned. If you copy the planned in the actuals in the timesheets, then they become useless.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, February 15, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hi Guillaume Rouyre,

I am Searching any Code or any third party tools are available for MS Project Online Timesheet for auto reject when user entered more than Planned Hours. Because i am Searching for that one.So if is it available then let me know.

Thanks 

Sanjeet Rana

Monday, February 18, 2019 6:18 PM