Mail merge and Outlook - mails can't be sent in HTML format and are stuck in "drafts" folder RRS feed

• Question

• My iMac is up to date with the latest version of Mac OSX El Capitan and Office 365 version 2016, yet I have issues with mail merge. When I make a mail merge in Word, the e-mails that I want to send in HTML format get stuck in the drafts folder of my Outlook. They are not sent.

However, when I send the same mail merge mailing as text or attachment, there is no problem and e-mails are sent normally.

Does anyone know how can I solve this? Thank you.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

When did this issue begin to happen? Please first make sure you have installed all available updates for your Office programs.

Do you have your outlook mail preferences set to automatically BCC or CC yourself? If so, please try disable the option and then check if this issue continues.

Does this issue happen to other users within your organization?

Is it possible to setup your email account on another Mac to see if this issue continues?

In addition, we can also try to test if this issue continues in a new Outlook mail profile:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-profiles-in-Outlook-2016-for-Mac-fed2a955-74df-4a24-bef6-78a426958c4c

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, March 7, 2016 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, March 7, 2016 7:09 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

When did this issue begin to happen? Please first make sure you have installed all available updates for your Office programs.

Do you have your outlook mail preferences set to automatically BCC or CC yourself? If so, please try disable the option and then check if this issue continues.

Does this issue happen to other users within your organization?

Is it possible to setup your email account on another Mac to see if this issue continues?

In addition, we can also try to test if this issue continues in a new Outlook mail profile:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-profiles-in-Outlook-2016-for-Mac-fed2a955-74df-4a24-bef6-78a426958c4c

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, March 7, 2016 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, March 7, 2016 7:09 AM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 6:28 AM
  • I am having the same issue, it appears that doing a mail merge in HTML mode that includes an image causes the email to get stuck in drafts. If you remove the image, it works. I never had these issues prior to the last Outlook update I did.
    Monday, March 7, 2016 10:20 PM
  • Me too : I've had many problems with mail merge after the upgrade. emails in HTML get stuck in drafts. Text based emails break after 55 are "sent" to Outlook.

I am not bcc / cc myself - this is driving me nuts.

Please help

Monday, March 14, 2016 9:43 PM
  • Just rebuilt email profile and tried again - HTML messages go to drafts.

Small batch of TEXT only works 

Outlook MAC 15.20

• Edited by rcooper331 Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:04 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:43 AM
  • Set up on another computer MacMini 10.10.5 - works !!
    Sunday, March 20, 2016 11:23 AM