SCCM 2012 SP1 - Software Center appears twice in Start Menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

i just finished implementing a fresh SCCM 2012 SP1 Installation for a customer. The whole OSD works like a charm (except some issues with the latest Windows updates breaking the whole OSD, will open a separate thread for this soon), but after the deployment the Software Center is appearing twice in the Start Menu (We're using Win7 Enterprise SP1 x86 English with 5 integrated language packs). I first thought this has something to do with the integrated language packs, but both Start Menu entries are always in the same language.

The strange Thing is, that one entry for the SCCM Software Center is called "Software Center" and the other one "SoftwareCenter" (without a space). We configured 2 Client policies, one with EP-enabled and one without EP. We deployed the Client Settings to different collections so i don't think that this is causing the Problem?Do you guys have any idea why this is Happening?
    Has anyone ever seen this? See a screenshot below:

Thank you.

Cheers

Stefan

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:36 AM

All replies

• Got the same problem ,Happened after we upgraded to SP1
    One Shortcut named Software Center ,the other with the localized name.

Haven't had time to troubleshoot this but i suspect that this has something to do with the images was created before SP1 and contain an older version of the client that gets "upgraded" during OSD.

Thomas Larsen

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Thanks for your Response Thomas.

I don't think it is related to the upgrade to SP1.I think it might be a General issue in SP1. I started with a fresh SCCM 2012 SP1 Installation and i also have 2 Software Center entries in my start menu. If i check the shortcut i can see that one shortcut was created when i captured my base Image, the other one was created during the Install OS Task Sequence.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:33 AM
  • We have the same issue...are there any news on it so far? It's quiet interesting....

BR

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:26 AM
  • I've seen that too. I suggest opening a call at Microsoft CSS.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:45 AM
  • I've got exactly the same problem. Do you have any updates about this problem ?

Thank you.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:43 PM
  • We have also the same issue. I will try recreating the images.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:39 AM
  • We have the same. The duplicate shortcut appear on our Windows 7 MUI clients using German language pack, English, Swedish and Dutch are all fine.

Anyone that have placed a ticket to MS about this?

Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:46 PM
  • We experienced this after upgrading to R2. Not sure what's causing it either. Anyone figure this out? 
    Monday, October 13, 2014 9:44 PM