SCCM 2012 R2 OSD deployment for Desktop Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have fresh SCCM 2012 R2 environment, I would like to enable the OSD for win7 deployment for new desktops. I don't have any DHCP enabled in my environment.

How do i Perform the OSD deployment for desktop, will it require any IP? Kindly share the step by step guide.

Another question, canI manage the Desktop screensaver using SCCM client, daily my organization will roll out a new desktop screen saver, due to GPO issue its not working?

Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:35 AM

Answers

• You will have to boot your computer using boot media and insert IP address at the start up of your OSD. If you were using DHCP, you could configure PXE boot and the OS installation would be much simplier because you wouldn't have to manually insert IP addresses.

You can manage basically any Windows setting there is, you just need do know how to change those settings locally (registry, file etc.) and then deploy that setting to collection of your machines, ConfigMgr does not include a setting for everything you want, you have to manually specify what you want to change. This process usually needs some investigation on how Windows OS works, what setting in the registry/wmi does what etc.

Screensavers can be handled, but I'd do them with GPOs, because the functionality is built-in to those.

Some good guides on getting started with ConfigMgr can be found from http://www.windows-noob.com

• Marked as answer by Juliesmiley Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:06 PM
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 8:01 AM