My System Restore is stuck on 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have twice tried to activate System Restore on my Windows 7 and it shows a date in 2016.  How does one address this issue please as I have certainly restored it this year?

Thanks in advance from Rarotonga Cook Islands    

Sunday, September 29, 2019 8:42 AM

All replies

• R.click disk clean up,run as Administrator.chk all boxes,then locate More Options tab,go to System restore clean up,click the button,this gets you a clean newest date for restore.Or,R.click my computer/properties/System Protection/uncheck System restore boxes,once thru,run disk clean up as set above,restart pc..Once on desktop/reset Restore as Active..Restore uses a lot of system resources,1 or 2 restore points are all you need..
    Monday, September 30, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Hi,

How many restore points are there in System Restore? Only a date in 2016?

You could recreate a restore point and can also configure System Restore to use more space to save the restore points. To do so, follow the steps from until you reach the Max Usage option of System Restore. Use the Max Usage slide to increase the space for System Restore.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 9:29 AM