SPO - how to move picture to different folder without breaking published content RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to ask for help regarding an issue I just encountered. 

We have a company intranet site publ;ished on Sharepoint Online, and pictures within published news are incorrectly stored in Site Assests folder. If I take a picture and move it to different folder, it will vanish from the published site page.

Is there a way how to move all the pictures without breaking the site pages where they are published? Is there a way how to modify path to the picture for all published site pages?

Thank you,

Tomas

Friday, October 2, 2020 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Tomas,

You can use SharePoint Designer to move your files to different location. URL's of the images will be updated.
    Works for pictures in SharePoint Publishing Page Content Fields. Try.. 

Hakan

Friday, October 9, 2020 9:17 AM
  • Hi, TomasCrha,

Non-SPMT(SharePoint Migration Tool) has transitioned to Microsoft Q&A for support, please visit the "Microsoft 365 on Q&A" site within Microsoft Q&A to post all non-SPMT questions regarding SharePoint.

All SPMT(SharePoint Migration Tool) questions can continue to be asked in this TechNet forum.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Friday, October 23, 2020 8:41 AM