none
Differences between IE in XP and IE in windows 7 X64 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with a website, it seems that i can't access the site with IE8 on windows 7 x64 but using IE8 on Windows XP SP3 works fine.. I have done this with all updates on both machines, and no updates on either machine, aside from IE8 and the pre-reqs on the XP system..

On the 7 system it takes about 14min to load the page, and eventually will come up.. The debug info shows that there is roughly 307.97seconds to load the page on the windows 7 machine, but on the XP machine it is 14ms. Can anyone tell me what the key differences are between windows 7 in IE and windows XP in the same version of IE.

Both machines are on the same network.

The windows 7 machine is 16GB of ram, with a I7 processor..

The XP machine is 790MHZ and 2GB of memory..

Thoughts?

Rob

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please share the address of the website with us to test this issue in our machine? In Windows 7 IE 8, I suggest you disable add-ons (Tools\Manage add-ons), or clear IE cache\browser history, or try compatibility mode, then test the website again.

Regards 

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:27 AM

All replies

• NOTE: I have tried FF version 32, and on Ubuntu and XP it loads without an issue.. But on 7 same issue.. Same network, same subnet, no group policy setup in workgroup, no AV on anything for the testing purposes..

Rob

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please share the address of the website with us to test this issue in our machine? In Windows 7 IE 8, I suggest you disable add-ons (Tools\Manage add-ons), or clear IE cache\browser history, or try compatibility mode, then test the website again.

Regards 

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:27 AM