Disabling devices waking the system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

A Vista Home Premium SP2 desktop wakes up a sec after going in hibernation.

All devices are checked not to wake the system.

powercfg -lastwake says:

"-1

[0]

- 0"

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed says:

"HID-"

Could you please advise what wakes the system and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Dmitry.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:06 PM

All replies

• How can I wake my computer from sleep or hibernation?

On most computers, you can resume working by pressing the power button. However, not all computers are the same. You may be able to wake your computer by pressing any key on the keyboard, clicking a mouse button, or opening the lid on a mobile PC. Check the documentation that came with your computer, or go to the manufacturer's website.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:26 AM
  • I apologize if I was not clear, but my problem is that the computer wakes up immediately going into sleep or hybernation, not that it doesn't wake up.

Kind regards,

Dmitry.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Thank you for your clarifying and sorry for my misunderstanding.

Regarding your issue, you may check if there are any schedule tasks running and also if some third party services running in background which wake up the system.

Also, what about to temporarily remove the USB or other Bluetooth devices?

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Dear Sabrina,

Removing devices was one of the first things I tried and it didn't help unfortunately. Actually I only have a Logitech mouse and a Micrisoft Arc wireless keyboard. Computer would still wake up. As to scheduled tasks, when I open the scheduler it obvisouly lists a bunch of system-generated tasks (27 to be exact), but their description is too technical and I can't tell if any of them can wake the system up. For example how do I know if an obscure "MSCtfMonitor" is the one? :-) Is there any formal way of identifying a task or a trigger that causes the problem?

Kind regards, Dmitry.

• Edited by DmitryGor1 Friday, February 10, 2012 5:04 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 4:56 PM