Log off of built-in administrator and I lost all my folder on the desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using my windows xp for sometime without any problem. I was just practising with the system by logging off the built-in adminstrator account which houses most of my documents and folders on its desktop. I log in through another adminstrator account but couldnt find the built-in adminstrator account anymore. I log off all account, restart my system, do system restore, yet i couldnt get any of my information from the built-in adminstrator. Please I think I need help to get all those information back or better still get my built-in adminstrator back.

thank you.

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:44 AM

All replies

• At the Welcome Screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete-Delete.  (Yes, press Delete twice)

This will bring up the traditional login screen.  Type "Administrator" in the user name field, and enter the password.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:17 AM
  • I switch off in order to be at the welcome screen and I press ctrl-alt-del-del but nothing work, nothing comes out. any other suggestion.
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:38 AM
  • Are you using XP Home or XP Professional?
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    Monday, July 25, 2011 10:43 AM
  • I am using windows XP professional version 2002 service pack 3
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:19 AM
  • " I was just practising with the system by logging off the built-in adminstrator account which houses most of my documents and folders on its desktop. I log in through another adminstrator account but couldnt find the built-in adminstrator account anymore. "

Let's just take a step back.  I am glad to hear that it is Professional.  You see, the built-in Administrator account on XP Home is VERY different.

So, if you are logging on as an administrator, you will be able to see all other accounts on that computer.  Run the following at the Run prompt:

compmgmt.msc

Navigate to Local Users and Groups/Users.  There you will see all the users currently on your system.  Please list these and post back here.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Well, I check what you asked me to check. I got the user account but cant do anything within the area. but dont worry before your last post, I open my computer, open my root drive and open document and settings, there I found the administrator folder and found all my document in it.

thank you.

My name is Lateef from Nigeria what about you.

• Proposed as answer by Bigteddy Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:32 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:01 AM