none
Cannot install Windows Admin Center RRS feed

• Question

• For weeks now I try to install Windows Admin Center on a Windows 10 machine. Installation is blocked by UAC. When I check the .msi file's digital signature details, it reads: "A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer". When I click View Certificate, select tab Certification Path, it says: Certificate OK, for all thee listed certificates.

Created a new Windows 10 virtual machine. Use the same msi file to install Admin Center - no problem. The signature of the exact same msi file reads: "This digital signature is OK."

Tried an administrative install to get rid of the signature, but that's not supported. Downloaded FileUnsigner to get rid of the signature, but doesn't work either.

Searched extensively how to solve A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer but haven't found a solution yet. Anyone?

Simon Weel

• Edited by Simon Weel Monday, July 8, 2019 1:27 PM
    Monday, July 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Answers

• Iv'e been trying for days to tackle this problem. That's already way too much, so I decided to re-install Windows, keeping all apps and settings. After that, Admin Center installs and runs without problems.....

Simon Weel

• Marked as answer by Simon Weel Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hello Simon,

Please check the link below for more information. Hope It'll help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/deploy/install

Mark it as answer if your question has solved in order to keep forums updated.

Monday, July 8, 2019 12:20 PM
  • Please check the link below for more information. Hope It'll help you.

Had a look at it, but no solution for my problem...

Simon Weel

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:26 PM
  • Hi Simon,

Please refer to this guide to install.

https://blog.it-koehler.com/en/Archive/2026

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Iv'e been trying for days to tackle this problem. That's already way too much, so I decided to re-install Windows, keeping all apps and settings. After that, Admin Center installs and runs without problems.....

Simon Weel

• Marked as answer by Simon Weel Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:31 PM