Strange File Access Problem RRS feed

• Question

• We have set up a portal page in UAG and successfully published various applications such as email and sharepoint. However, we are having problems publishing the file access application which, when we initially set it up did work but now all we get when we access the application through the portal is the network icon and none of the shares we publish are shown. If we click the folders link on the application an error 'invalid path:' appears in the right hand pane.

Like I mentioned all was working...... until we added some hidden file entries to the ShareAccessCfg file. This seemed to work and when we opened the File access configiration page those hidden shares we had added appeared in the folders list but after activating the configuration the problems started and only the network icon was displayed in the file pane.
    The strange thing is if I access the file access appplication directly on the local UAG box via IIS by browsing the site on the none SSL port 6001 all is displayed correctly and I can access all the folders/files and any updates appear on this site but accessing the file application on port 6002 a certificate error appears and then once the file access application is displayed after logging on only the network icon is there and the same 'invalid path' error appears.
    I have added /removed the file application, deleted the portal site from IIS and rebuilt it, deleted the portal form the GUI and rebuilt it but still files are not displayed via the portal even through i can access then on the UAG box on port 6001. I can't really rebuild the server as we have direct acccess clients access via it.
    Anyone have any ideas on this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

I have not encountered such an issue, and I do not have an explanation for what might have happened. But here are a couple of suggestions:

a) make sure that the ShareAccessCfg.xml file is still correct. This includes making sure that the XML syntax is not broken, by attempting to open the file in IE or an XML editor

b) restart the Microsoft Forefront UAG File Sharing service

Regards,

-Ran
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hi Ran,

Thanks for your reply, we have now managed to solve the issue which i thought I 'd share with you as it might be of use in the future! The file was formed correctly and like i mentioned if I browsed the file access site via IIS on port 6001 the folder tree was displayed correctly (including hidden folders etc) but when browsing the site via the https port 6002 nothing was displayed except the network icon in the right hand pane. However looking closely at the file it seems that it had somehow become corrupted and the local-admin user field has gone! i.e.

<access-cfg version="1" worker-threads="4" ext-worker-threads="2"><local-admin user="FileAcc_NameOfServer" pwd="password"/><site port="0" site-name="" ip="" auth="3">

This element was missing in the file that I updated, once I readded this information the file access now worked again. I'm not sure why this information was removed form the file when I added hidden shares though?

Thanks,

Peter

• Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Monday, March 21, 2011 10:11 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:32 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Good finding, thanks for sharing this!

Regards,

-Ran
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:11 AM