WSUS Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We've just imported the WSUS management pack and absolutely nothing has appeared in the console, no new group or anything on the monitoring tab. There are no errors and nothing appears to be wrong with SCOM.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

Tim
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Tim -

In my experience importing the WSUS management pack does not create a new view folder.
    You can observe that the management pack is working by checking out the health explorer of a WSUS server that is managed.
    For example, in the Windows Computer Role health rollup, you will see an Availability (WSUS) Entity. There are client, core, database, and web service monitors under that.

John Joyner
    MVP-OM
    • Marked as answer by Tim LJMU Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim

Already tried to do a refresh (perhaps a stupid question but lets start simple). Also, do all the SCOM COnsoles have this issue or is it an isolated issue?
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:16 PM
  • Hi Tim

Also check the WSUS server - is the OpsMgr agent running on the server? If so, are there any errors in the operationsmanager event log on the server.

Cheers

Graham
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:31 PM
  • Hi Tim -

In my experience importing the WSUS management pack does not create a new view folder.
    You can observe that the management pack is working by checking out the health explorer of a WSUS server that is managed.
    For example, in the Windows Computer Role health rollup, you will see an Availability (WSUS) Entity. There are client, core, database, and web service monitors under that.

John Joyner
    MVP-OM
    • Marked as answer by Tim LJMU Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Pls refer this blog might this help u log
    http://blogs.technet.com/smsandmom/archive/2008/02/27/opsmgr2007-new-management-packs-for-wsus-and-dpm-available.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Hiren_SFW Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:13 AM
  • Hi all,

Thanks for your help...much appreciated! We got around the lack of folder by creating our own groups and scoped the folder to those.

Cheers,

Tim
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Hi Tim

Already tried to do a refresh (perhaps a stupid question but lets start simple). Also, do all the SCOM COnsoles have this issue or is it an isolated issue?
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)

Hello,

YES all consoles have the same issues it seems I don't see any new items under the Monitoring???

Thanks,
    Dom
    System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Monday, February 8, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Hi everybody,

Please, i want toinstall the WSUS 3.0 SP2 management pack for operations manager 2007 R2 but i am unable to find a download link, please can you advise ?

Thanks

Regards, Samir Farhat Infrastructure Consultant
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:32 AM
  • Hi Samir -

This looks like the current download link:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22636

John Joyner
    MVP-OpsMgr

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:32 AM
  • How did you create a group and scope it to the custom created folder?

Kathleen Hayhurst Senior IT Support Analyst

• Edited by KMH.1 Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:30 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:30 AM