PERMANENTLY DELETED ITEMS FROM OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have deleted an email from the Deleted Items in OWA. 

I would like to know, if there's any way to recover that email.

Thank you in advance.

Friday, September 4, 2015 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello, and thanks for your reply.

If I have deleted it also from the Recovery Deleted Items folder, is there another way to recover it or is it forever gone?

you can only restore from backup once its purged from dumpster

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Saturday, September 5, 2015 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

You can recover those emails from the recovery deleted items folder if in case those email has not crossed the retention period.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Friday, September 4, 2015 3:14 PM
  • Hi ,

Below mentioned link is for your reference .

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee364752(v=exchg.150).aspx

Friday, September 4, 2015 3:21 PM
  • Marilyn, right click the Deleted Items folder and select "Recover Deleted Items".  This will open the dialog where you can recover items back into the mailbox if deleted item retention is enabled.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Friday, September 4, 2015 3:24 PM

If I have deleted it also from the Recovery Deleted Items folder, is there another way to recover it or is it forever gone?

Saturday, September 5, 2015 4:26 PM

you can only restore from backup once its purged from dumpster

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Saturday, September 5, 2015 7:13 PM
  • Hi ,

I agree with ANDY , if you would have enable the single item recovery on the mailbox then you would have an option to recover those items .

Note : Single item recovery is not enabled by default and you need to enable it manually on the mailbox.

So Now You need to recover those items from backup .

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Monday, September 14, 2015 3:12 AM
    Sunday, September 6, 2015 1:14 PM
  • Hi,

In Exchange 2013, single item recovery is disabled when a mailbox is created. If single item recovery is enabled, messages that are permanently deleted (purged) by the user are retained in the Recoverable Items folder of the mailbox until the deleted item retention period expires. This lets an administrator recover messages purged by the user before the deleted item retention period expires. Also, if a message is changed by a user or a process, copies of the original item are also retained when single item recovery is enabled.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633460(v=exchg.150).aspx

If you didn't enable the single item recovery, you have to recover the lost items form backup.

Regards,

David  

• Proposed as answer by David Wang_ Monday, September 14, 2015 3:09 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by David Wang_ Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:11 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 2:00 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue?

Regards,

David

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:58 AM
  • David, please unmark your response an a possible answer - Marilyn is asking about Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007, not Exchange 2013.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 12:33 PM