none
INETCPL ClearMyTracksByProcess Flags:8388616 RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this is repetitive, however, being fairly new, I have not found enough information to know what this is doing. I recently discovered this process running on my machine and so I started looking. 

Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess Flags:8388616 WinX:0 WinY:0 IEFrame:0000000000000000

From what I can find, this process clears various cached data and that there are many Flags that are added up to include what is done. However, all I can find goes up to about 16000ish. As you can see above, the Flags on my process show 8388616.

Does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction to find what these flags indicate?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed". Save changes. Close and restart IE.

IF you are using a work computer, some IE settings may be managed by your IT department. You should in the first instance contact your IT department/help desk for assistance.

Your web browser history could also be cleared by your AV or a Web browser extension. To test IE in noAddons mode use start>run>iexplore.exe -extoff

You can find documentation for IE administration at docs.microsoft.com. Development for IE11 ceased 2 years ago... the available documentation may not include all the available flag values. (either they are omitted for security reasons or the documentation has not been updated).

You did not mention your windows or IE versions or if this is your personal computer or a managed computer on a domain network.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:08 PM