none
Windows 10 pro machine cant update wallpaper policy

Question

• I am using windows server 2008 R2 & client is windows 7. But few days ago I was update all client windows 7 to windows 10. After update or clean installation of windows 10 windows server wallpaper policy not apply. I change wallpaper on daily basis But client unable to update this policy. How to solve this problem.

Friday, September 30, 2016 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

According to my research, there is different behavior on Windows 7 and Windows 10 on desktop wallpaper. In Windows 7, when we log into the system, the cached wallpaper file will re-generated automatically. But in Windows 10, if the wallpaper path didn’t change, the cached wallpaper will not re-generate.

Please try to delete below file and log off/log on:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

You could apply this deletion operation to the domain controller as a log off script, the script which is as below.

(Creating a .bat file and the content is:

del %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper)

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rahul Kutal Sunday, October 02, 2016 4:12 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rahul Kutal Monday, November 14, 2016 3:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rahul Kutal Monday, November 14, 2016 4:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rahul Kutal Monday, November 14, 2016 4:08 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Thanks this is working.

I have another question. When I open Task scheduler  in windows 10. I am getting too much error. For details of error see attachments.

Sunday, October 02, 2016 4:16 AM
  • Hi,

For Windows 10 Client related issue, we recommend you contact Client Forum for further help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 03, 2016 3:21 AM
  • Sir This is not working now. When only new user login that time wallpaper is updated otherwise no update wallpaper.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:55 PM
  • Question
    You cannot vote on your own post
    Sir This is not working now. When only new user login that time wallpaper is updated otherwise no update wallpaper.
    Monday, November 14, 2016 4:09 AM