Vista runs very slow after electricity crash. Aspire M3641 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've got a serious problem with my new Aspire M3641 running Vista SP1 Home Premium. First it was in French, so I had to install English languages packs from the unconventional torrents engine. It worked fine (despite some DOS commands that use French-like arguments like user "administrateur"). I've had electricity crashes that would shut down the computer, but when electricity got back, everything would be normal as usual. Recently, though, power went off twice in less than 15 minutes, causing the computer to run extremely slow. When I click the start button, it takes more than fifteen minutes to get a response! Opening My computer is also very slow. But when I've managed to open it once, the next clicks are smooth and fast. My question is: Is it a software problem or some hardware problem you guys can tell me about?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:46 AM

All replies

• id run a repair on the OS, sounds like something is corrupt or struggling to access files. unexpected shutdowns can cause file corruption.

it might be an idea to get yourself a small UPS one that will run your PC  for 30mins just enough time for you to finish what your doing and shutdown the PC safely. this will then stop things like this from re-occurring :)
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:45 PM