Aero Live Previews Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, I'm having some problems with Aero in Windows 7 such as the Aero Live Previews. When I hover my icon, it would just disappear instantly. That never happened since I upgraded to Windows 7. It happened for quite a while now.

My specs (Model, CPU, and GPU)

CPU: Mobile AMD Sempron 3600+ 2.0 GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (Direct X 9.0c w/ 128 MB of RAM)

Model: Dell Vostro 1000

Does anybody know how to fix this? I can't change Catalyst settings because AMD doesn't support it. Because I'm using a Vista driver

Saturday, June 5, 2010 11:33 PM

All replies

• Hey guys, I'm having some problems with Aero in Windows 7 such as the Aero Live Previews. When I hover my icon, it would just disappear instantly. That never happened since I upgraded to Windows 7. It happened for quite a while now.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I can't change Catalyst settings because AMD doesn't support it. Because I'm using a Vista driver

Hi

First, run the Aero troubleshooter.

In  Control Panel, select 'Troubleshooting'. Under  Appearance and Personalization, select the  Display Aero desktop effects.

In the resulting window, select the Advanced link at the bottom of the window and place a check mark in the  Apply repairs automatically option. 

Click the Next Button. 

If the troubleshooter does not find any problems, select the Explore additional options button.

Select the Recovery Link.
    Click the System Restore button.
    Click the Next Button.

Select a Restore Point with a date just prior to when you first noticed this behavior.
    Click the Next Button and follow the instructions to restore the system to that date and time.

Let us know the results

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 7:26 AM
  • Also, if the issue first occurred after installing Windows 7 immediately, please update the chipset driver and the display card driver to the latest version to check the result.

According to Dell's website, the latest display card driver is for Windows Vista. You can try installing the driver in the Compatibility Mode and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, June 7, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Also, if the issue first occurred after installing Windows 7 immediately, please update the chipset driver and the display card driver to the latest version to check the result.

According to Dell's website , the latest display card driver is for Windows Vista. You can try installing the driver in the Compatibility Mode and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

I already have the latest display card driver. And I already have it in compatibility mode? And what would a chipset driver would do????
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:44 AM

Hi

First, run the Aero troubleshooter.

In  Control Panel , select 'Troubleshooting' . Under  Appearance and Personalization , select the  Display Aero desktop effects .

In the resulting window, select the Advanced link at the bottom of the window and place a check mark in the  Apply repairs automatically option. 

Click the Next Button. 

If the troubleshooter does not find any problems, select the Explore additional options button.

Select the Recovery Link .
    Click the System Restore button.
    Click the Next Button.

Select a Restore Point with a date just prior to when you first noticed this behavior.
    Click the Next Button and follow the instructions to restore the system to that date and time.

Let us know the results

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    did that and still does the same. I even restarted the Desktop Window Manager and still does the same thing
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:45 AM