Excel Non-Commercial RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Microsoft 365 - I think - after installation my excel files would open with the words "Non Commercial" showing in the header and my screen data portion blank - I UN-installed 365 - then RE-installed 365 and it worked fine until this am - the non commercial label and blank screen appeared and, again, I can't access my files - as you can gather I am not exactly computer literate, but I have used them for several years - hopefully you can help me as it's getting frustrating not being able to access my excel files ..................
    Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi ancak,

"Non-Commercial/Unlicensed Product" in the title bar of the Office application is generally caused by failed activation, at the same time, most of Office's features are disabled.

More information, please check the reference "Unlicensed Product and activation errors in Office".

1. What version of Microsoft 365 are you using now? Such as Microsoft 365 for Enterprise or Office Home and Student.

Please update the Office to the latest.

2. Where did you get the Microsoft 365 installation files? Did you download them from www.office.com?

If not, please uninstall Microsoft 365 completely, then restart your PC and reinstall it for a test.

If yes, I suggest you check state of activation and share us with the results.

Search CMD, right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator. Then copy and paste the command, click Enter at last: 

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

(If you are running 32-bit Office on a 64-bit operating system)

cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

3. Besides,  if this question is urgent to you, please contact Microsoft support or call Microsoft directly.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:42 AM
  • Non-commercial suggests that the product is Office Home & Student which mustn't be used for commercial businesses. What information is shown at File > Account?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:49 PM
  • Hi ancak,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know.

Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 8:25 AM