EventID: 4427 and Event ID: 4691 RRS feed

• Question

• Event ID: 4427:      

Failed to initialize the needed name objects. Error Specifics: d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\dtc\dtc\msdtcprx\src\dtcinit.cpp:215, Pid: 2860

No Callstack, CmdLine: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}

Event ID: 4691:

The run-time environment was unable to initialize for transactions required to support transactional components. Make sure that MS-DTC is running. (DtcGetTransactionManagerEx(): hr = 0x8004d027)

Can someone tell me how to fix these application errors?

Why do the error specifics point to drive d: ?   Drive D is a partition that contains the recorvery files for my HP desktop on my hard drive.  Why would something be calling for that? It is inactive as far as I know, until I press F8 while booting up.

I am running Windows XP SP3  Media Edition 2005.  I believe this issue is somehow related to my wireless PCI adapter. Recently I reinstalled the operating system on my hardrive and it also created a system recovery partition D:.  I have now been experiencing startup speeds pf 54 Mbps and then it gradually drops down 48, 36, 28 and then jumps around. Until I repair the connection using windows repair function it will start again at a strong 54 Mpbs and cycle down again.   Any ideas how to remedy this?

• Moved by Ben Cline1 Friday, November 26, 2010 4:50 PM Related to XP (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:02 PM

All replies

• It is a BizTalk Server forum :)

Anyway. Open Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Service Components / Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC). Make sure it is configured for your tasks. 
    See MSDN for details. 

Good luck!

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] Biztalkien blog
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:31 PM
  • I'm not sure where to post my issue, infact I don't even understand what I am dealing with. Can you advise me as to where I should post?

gfcxfxcgb
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Drive d: refers to a source path, and the error has the C++ .cpp file mentioned. Usually for any error where I get a .cpp file mentioned, this is a good case for making sure the service packs are all installed and if so, then to contact MS Support. Are you sure MSDTC is running?

I would also look for an updated driver for the PCI card. Your card might not be compatible with your OS.

You should also try posting on a forum for your PCI card's vendor.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, November 26, 2010 4:49 PM