none
how to disable open file security warning on .exe installation from GPO

Question

• Hi,

I am getting warning while office 365 installation from network path as per screenshot given below so can anyone help on this.

How can i disable it through GPO

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I applied given below setting through GPO and add network path in In Intranet Zone-  its working fine.

Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Site to Zone Assignment List 

In Intranet Zone- 

Monday, June 20, 2016 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

To achieve your goal, you could configure the setting of Inclusion list for low file types with .exe in local group policy.

The path of the setting User configuration\administrative templates\Windows components\attachment manager.

If you want that all domain computer could run the .exe without security waring, you could configure it in domain group policy.

If the method above does not work, you could add the server to Trusted sites, edit Security Settings ("Custom level") for the zone, and Enable "Launching applications and unsafe files."

For more information, you could refer to the thread below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/5f7307c9-14fa-40b0-ab16-55f7cf90f4b8/open-file-security-warning?forum=itprovistasecurity

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:18 AM
  • I have tried both of them but issue not resolved.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

I applied given below setting through GPO and add network path in In Intranet Zone-  its working fine.

Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Site to Zone Assignment List 

In Intranet Zone- 

Monday, June 20, 2016 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your share.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 8:47 AM