NX-6000 and icq, skype and others RRS feed

• Question

• I installed lifecam 2.04.542.0 camera started to work but when i tried to make video call to my friend in icq I wasn’t able to make it =/ I had only black screen and I don’t know what to do. My friend can’t see me but I can see him L

Monday, October 13, 2008 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Devatrius,

This forum is not the best support resource for MS hardware related issues. I suggest that you post this issue in our public newsgroup "microsoft.public.mshardware.product" for peer experiences and recommendations.

Discussions in microsoft.public.mshardware.product

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

Meantime, for your information, I would like to also provide the following suggestions on operating system side for your reference.

The ICQ programs may be restricted by anti-virus and firewall. I suggest that you temporary disable the security software and then test the issue.

The ICQ programs may be not compatible with Livecam, I suggest that you test the issue in Windows Live Messenger.

If you have installed any third party Codec packs, I suggest that you temporary uninstall them, and then test the issue again.

Hope it helps. If you have any questions regarding system issue, feel free to let me know.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:10 AM
  • I did this step  The ICQ programs may be restricted by anti-virus and firewall. I suggest that you temporary disable the security software and then test the issue    but it didn't have any effect =/ I know that its working in    Live Messenger but i wanted to use it in icq =/  

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:23 AM