none
watching a movie with a headphone spliter only 1 headphone hears audio

Question

• my issue is that when I download a movie then try to watch it using a splitter for the headphones, only one set of headphones will hear the audio
    Monday, February 13, 2017 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm that did the issue occur on other movies?

The different parts of your headphone jack carry the left, right, and ground signals.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-procedure-to-connect-the-headphones-in-a-breadboard

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Unfortunately, some cheaper jacks (or sockets) aren't made the the correct spec. Proper right/left sound requires the metal part of the jack carrying the left signal contact only the metal part of the socket carrying the left signal, right to right, and ground to ground. If the jack doesn't go in far enough or goes in too far (or the socket is too shallow/deep), ground ends up contacting the right and shorting it out. The left signal gets put on both right and left channels. Consequently, you hear the left channel on both sides.

So try pulling the speaker jack out slightly, or shoving it as far in as you can. If you've got a headphone extension cable or splitter, you can try using that.

In addition, you can also connect manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:46 AM
  • It works with music and utube videos I downloaded the latest driver and that seemed to help
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:25 AM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved. I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition.Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful:)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 1:16 AM