Battery Meter Stopped Working - Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• A couple weeks ago I noticed battery drain occurring even though my laptop was plugged in.  Since then, the battery has continued to show drain, and the battery meter does not work.  Last night the battery was showing 3.76% remaining charge.  Today when I turned on my computer, the battery was back at 100% charged, but I had done nothing to cause that, that I am aware of.  Still, the battery meter is not working, so I cannot trust what the battery charge level is stating, I don't think.  I did install the app Battery Bar Pro, and it is in agreement with what the battery charge indicator is showing, but I have no idea where that app gets its information from, so it could simply be restating what the battery level indicator is showing. I don't know what to think with the battery meter not working.

In checking, I see a number of instances of error code reports regarding Battery.exe, with the error code always reporting Event ID 1000.

I have tried to find anything related to battery issues under all of the results pertaining to Event ID 1000, but I don't see anything pertinent to my situation.

What could this mean?

Friday, November 21, 2014 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Deb JL,

Regarding Battery life related issue, we may also consider seek help at the manufacturer side and see if they could offer any helpful information.

Further, for Event ID 1000, would you please have a share with the detailed information about this log?

Some reference:

Battery: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows-8/battery-meter-frequently-asked-questions

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:18 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 11:15 AM

All replies

• How long have you had your battery?
    Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:23 AM
  • Hi Deb JL,

Regarding Battery life related issue, we may also consider seek help at the manufacturer side and see if they could offer any helpful information.

Further, for Event ID 1000, would you please have a share with the detailed information about this log?

Some reference:

Battery: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows-8/battery-meter-frequently-asked-questions

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:18 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 11:15 AM