Window 7 Critical Error Kernal-Power ID: 41 RRS feed

• Question

• I like to play games, it's what I do on the computer for the most part. One day, the computer shut down in the middle of the game.  Like a moron who starts their car after it overheats, I went a few miles, then it shut down again. I let it rest for 24 hours, tried to turn it on, and the powerlight on my tower did not turn on yet I hear it working on the inside(fan), I try the cd-rom and it works properly, but there is nothing on the Monitor. Well, I do have quite a few usb plug-ins and a mouse a printer and a keyboard etc. So I tried removing everything except the ethernet cord, the mouse and the keyboard, the powerlight is now on, the display is now on the monitor and it's working fine. I checked the event Viewer and I see 2 Critical Errors, coincidence that it shut down twice on me? I think not, told me it was Kernal-Power ID:41(63) And here is what else it showed me.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
      <EventID>41</EventID>
      <Version>2</Version>
      <Level>1</Level>
      <Task>63</Task>
      <Opcode>0</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-12-29T08:36:35.736800000Z" />
      <EventRecordID>212823</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation />
      <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
      <Channel>System</Channel>
      <Computer>Weak-PC</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
      <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
     My guess is it's the power supply, but im sort of low on funds, so I want to be 100% sure it's the power supply, can anybody give me confidence in going out and buying one? and also, Where do I get a Small power supply because this Acer has the smallest body I've ever seen, A normal powersupply would be like fitting a rhino's heart in a rabbit.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:51 PM

Answers

• Scenario 1:

The computer restarted, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data

Scenario 2:

Shut down the computer by pressing and holding the power button

Scenario 3:

The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)

For further details on how to fix it review this support document from Microsoft visit KB2028504.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:17 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 10:50 AM