none
Microsoft Project 2013 Cash Flow Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Whilst I read many positive comments regarding the enhancements to Microsoft Project 2013.  I can't help but find myself frustrated that simple processes seem to have disappeared!  All I want to do is access a Cash Flow Report that will tell me how much cash is required every week.  In Microsoft Project 2010 this was a simple matter of running a Cash Flow Report and reading the requirements from an easy to view table structure.  Select the Project Tab / Reports / Costs / Cash Flow.

Using Microsoft Project 2013 I get a lovely looking chart to view but really no useful information to view!  Can anyone help please, surely there must be an easy way of doing this in 2013?  Am I missing something?

Thursday, July 4, 2013 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid Cash Flow Report in Visual Reports is your best option.  I know you are evaluating Project 2013 and the Visual Reports are not working correctly - however the Cash Flow Visual Report in 2010 is just like the same Visual Report in 2013.

See:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/4638144f-c26d-4820-850e-a5eea007fe05/cash-flow-report-monthly-2013

For quite a discussion about this feature.

• Marked as answer by DPhelp Friday, July 5, 2013 2:41 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 12:49 AM

All replies

• Are you using the Cash Flow Visual Report in Project 2013?  Did you click the tab in the Excel spreadsheet to see the data the chart is based upon?
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Thanks for replying.  I'm trying to use the View Reports function. Report Tab / View Reports Group / Costs / Cash Flow. Didn't really want to go out to Excel.  Its complicated, we actually use MSP 2010.  However I am evaluating MSP2013 in a Virtual Computer Window on the same computer.  Am unable to run Visual Reports as there is some problem I dont understand "Building Local OLAP Cubes" which stops Excel form generating the Visual Report. 

Back to the problem, I cannot see the purpose of the MSP 2013 Cash Flow Report if all the report gives you is Name, Remaining Cost, Actual Cost, Cost, ACWP, etc.  I dont think that really provides useful Cash Flow indicators.

Friday, July 5, 2013 12:22 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid Cash Flow Report in Visual Reports is your best option.  I know you are evaluating Project 2013 and the Visual Reports are not working correctly - however the Cash Flow Visual Report in 2010 is just like the same Visual Report in 2013.

See:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/4638144f-c26d-4820-850e-a5eea007fe05/cash-flow-report-monthly-2013

For quite a discussion about this feature.

• Marked as answer by DPhelp Friday, July 5, 2013 2:41 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 12:49 AM
  • Yes i agree this change to cash flow report is the most unhelpful Microsoft move yet!! A project Manager doesn't want visual overview of a project he/she wants the information NOW!! 

Feel free to change it back to the a original 2010 way of doing things Mircosoft and stop trying to get more money out of customers for additional software. 

<object cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width:0px;height:0px;display:block;" type="cosymantecnisbfw"></object>
    Sunday, June 8, 2014 2:38 AM
  • I'm guessing you haven't tried the Visual Cash Flow report?  Not sure what you mean by additional software.
    Sunday, June 8, 2014 3:25 PM
  • In MSP2010, the export to EXCEL fails at the OLAP cubes. This can be fixed by changing your regional setting in  the control panel to US. Run the report which dumps the data into an EXCEL pivot table and then change the regional settings back again to whatever it was.

Regardless of the problems with the visual reports, the timephased cost data is still in the MSP database and can be extracted from the Task Usage view. Then copy/paste it into a spreadsheet and graph it.

Monday, June 9, 2014 2:24 AM