none
Moved to hosted exchange, exchange server 2010 down and can't be brough back, and exchabnge 2003 can't uninstall. RRS feed

• Question

• At this point, the mailboxes are all migrated,l the exchange 2010 server we moved to near a decade ago, is down and can't be brought back, and when I try to uninstall exchange 2003 from the OLD old server, it tells me 'message and collaboration service can't be removed: "You cannot remove a server that is a target bridgehead for a routing group connector'. I'm guessing this is something that needs to be removed from the 2010 server, so do I have any other options? 

My goal is to remove components form the old 2003 server so I can retire it, but I want to go one by one to be sure nothing breaks anything before i jut it down.

Any way to convince this that it is NOT a 'target bridgehead' so it will let me do the actual uninstall?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Saturday, January 19, 2019 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Mick,

Can you try remove the connection Refereed by the routing group connector like "CorpRoute". 

Please refer the below thread for more info

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/ea872977-ec59-417d-9d7a-e2a5840e98ba/you-cannot-remove-a-server-that-is-a-bridgehead-for-a-routing-group-connector?forum=exchange2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:33 AM
  • Yea, I googled the error too and saw that post, but it says to remove the connection from the 2010 server, which I noted is "down and can't be brough back".
    Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:16 AM
  • :) now I got the context.

Please try this.. and let me know 

Run the Get-RoutingGroupConnector to view the Name of the SourceRoutingGroup connector

(Supply the -Identity (Name) found in the command above and place it in the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector command:)

Remove-RoutingGroupConnector -Identity

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:27 AM
  • I googled that cmdlet and and found that "This cmdlet is available only in Exchange Server 2010." so I think I'm still stuck...?
    Sunday, January 20, 2019 4:32 AM