none
Every Windows Update KB##### should contain a Hyperlink to the corresponding support.microsoft page detailing the update. Please add this RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Microsoft developers/managers - if any of you ever come here.

I understand that you're making Windows 10 a service. Therefore, updates are "scary" and people shouldn't think or worry about them. However, this is the IT Pro forums.

I'm not installing a single update on my servers until I've had a chance to vet the update, wait a day or two to make sure it doesn't break anything. Knowledge is power, and right now you're really not making it easy to gain knowledge.

Right now on my Win10 insider preview VM, I see I have some updates available. If this was any other version of windows, there'd be a "support information" hyperlink that would take me immediately and directly to the support page, specifically for the update.

This is now gone. Just completely disappeared. I suppose I should consider myself lucky you haven't hidden KB numbers as well, as those might be "scary" for users and should be hidden too.

I have to copy that KB number, open up a browser, and paste it after https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/ in order to go where I want.

So, thankfully you still have the support pages we need. You just make it really hard to conveniently reach the information page right from the update. I don't want to have to spend the rest of my possibly-not-for-much-longer Windows-using life copying each KB number manually, and pasting it into a browser.

This doesn't make any sense. Why would you take this from us?

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, this is indeed a bit inconvenient, Please be patient and wait for solution in the future.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:36 AM
  • Thank you. I really hope that Microsoft comes to their senses here. Hiding or obscuring update changelogs should not be something that happens for server administrators.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:20 PM