Outlook 365 Crashes when saving VbaProject.OTM RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern,

Ever since rolling up to Outlook 365 from Outlook 2016, I can no longer save any VBA changes.

When I click on Save, or Outlook prompts me to save the VbaProject.OTM file, Outlook simply crashes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
    Paul Goldstein

Paul D. Goldstein Forceware Systems, Inc.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

It seems that your VbaProject.otm file is corrupted, please try renaming the VBAProject and making a fresh one.

1. Close Outlook client.
    2. Locate your VbaProject.otm file.(C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. Remember to show hidden folder)
    3. Rename the file or just delete it.
    4. Restart your Outlook then a new VbaProject.otm file will be created.

Test and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

It seems that your VbaProject.otm file is corrupted, please try renaming the VBAProject and making a fresh one.

1. Close Outlook client.
    2. Locate your VbaProject.otm file.(C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. Remember to show hidden folder)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Friday, November 8, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for writing, your solution worked.

I Exported my Forms and Modules, closed Outlook (365), and then located the VbaProject.OTM file, and deleted it.

I then, re-launched Outlook, opened the VBA Editor, and then Imported my saved forms and modules.

I made sure that they were working correctly, and then pressed Save: voila, no problems.

Thanks for your help.

I will mark this as answered.

Take care,
    Paul Goldstein

Paul D. Goldstein Forceware Systems, Inc.

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see your issue has been fixed.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Outlook 365 Crashes when saving VbaProject.OTM 

Solution Summary:

1. Close Outlook client.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 1:07 AM