Outlook 2013 IMAP Folder-structure lost RRS feed

• Question

• i had problems with synching my folders to my IMAP-Server account, so i tried to

set the "root folder path" of my imap account to "INBOX" as mentioned on many

support forums, but no success.

then i set the folder path back to nothing as it was before i started, with the horrible

effect that all my folders are gone now!

so now i have a local .ost file with a size of about 8GB but no folder (except the standard

folders of outlook) are displayed. i tried to use a .ost to .pst tool, but this also shows only

the structure without my personal folders!

how to get rid of that problem???

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you see your folders on your web mail now? If yes, please try removing and reconfiguring your account on your Outlook and see if there is any difference.

Can the emails in your personal folders be searched?

>> so i tried to set the "root folder path" of my imap account to "INBOX"

If you are using a Gmail account, you should set the "root folder path" of my imap account to "Gmail".

>> i tried to use a .ost to .pst tool, but this also shows only the structure without my personal folders!

It is not recommended to use any OST to PST tool since this can damage your data file.

Given this situation, please close your Outlook > Press Win + R, type “outlook /resetfolders”, press Enter.

If the issue continues, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:38 AM
  • hi,

thx for the informations but i didn't help!

so all my folders and storded message are lost, that's terrible!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Since you are using an IMAP account, all your data will be stored in server. So you should see your emails on your web mail.

Besides, could you please provide me with the information and test results I mentioned above?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 7:21 AM
  • the problem was that the email folders were not synchronised on the server,

only stored in the local .ost file (this had a size of about 8GB, the serverfile

had only about 2GB).

all of the your other suggested solutions didn't gave psotive results

thx wolfgang

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 6:16 AM