Language pack RRS feed

• Question

• If I install an LP like German or Polish should the help and support programme stay as English or switch to the respective languages?
    After installing the German/Deutsch LP help and support is still displaying English.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:04 AM

Answers

• I use keyless installation method to install the Win 7 RTM and downloaded the 35 LPs from a website, from which it said it would be a final version of LPs for Win 7 RTM, I intalled Chinese Simplified and German for testing, and try to change UAC in your Screenshot, it displays well.

I upload the screenshots with Display Language in German for your reference in Microsoft SkyDrive.

Here's the link, please let me know if you could not access it.: http://cid-1c7d1e2dbfba7b03.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/Win%207%20LPs

At such circumstance, maybe we'd better wait patiently for the Retail version of Windows 7 and the official release of LPs. :)

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by ONE ZERO Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:41 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Mr. Seven, please try open Control Panel-> change the View to "Large icons"-> Region and Language -> Switch to "Keyboards and Languages" tab, Select the installed language accordingly such as German. Will the System ask you to log off/restart to apply the changes?

If the language has been installed successfully, your installed German/Deutsch Language will be displayed in the Display Language. After logging off or restarting OS, your system language is supposed to change.

Please keep me updated if the display language issue persists.

Thanks a lot.

Michael
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:19 AM
  • Yes Micheal, I selected German as my language and it did ask me to log off and back on for the change to take effect. I also restarted the computer. Most of the operating sytem is now in German such as the start menu and task bar, menus and other. Built in programmes such as notepad and media player are now in German as well as the control panel and it's sub items. The only thing I have noticed that is missing so far is the help and support programme which is still in English. I set it so not to retrieve online content to see if that would make a difference and still after this the help content is displaying English.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7531/shot.png

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:34 AM
  • Thanks for the screenshot, may I know your Win 7 build? RC or RTM? As I know LP for RTM is not available from Windows Update.

Version of Win7 can be checked using winver in the start search.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:31 AM
  • I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate only Release Candidate build 7100 from the Microsoft windows 7 RC public download site. The LP was obtained from the microsoft windows update sevice server for windows 7 rc 7100 with the windows updates UI.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:38 AM
  • I will try it on a Win 7 RTM computer and keep you updated later on.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:50 AM
  • I use keyless installation method to install the Win 7 RTM and downloaded the 35 LPs from a website, from which it said it would be a final version of LPs for Win 7 RTM, I intalled Chinese Simplified and German for testing, and try to change UAC in your Screenshot, it displays well.

I upload the screenshots with Display Language in German for your reference in Microsoft SkyDrive.

Here's the link, please let me know if you could not access it.: http://cid-1c7d1e2dbfba7b03.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/Win%207%20LPs

At such circumstance, maybe we'd better wait patiently for the Retail version of Windows 7 and the official release of LPs. :)

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by ONE ZERO Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:41 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:42 PM
  • Thank you for reseaching this and it seems to be fixed in your version which is something I shall consider when paying for the retail version.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Hopefuly this problem is fixed in the RTM version. I am planning to buy Win 7 Ultimate and upgrade all my home computers when it available in the store. :)
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:59 AM