D-Link Switches with SCOM 2012 Interface Names RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

We are trialing SCOM2012 network capabilities and unfortunately we are have a bit of trouble with the port names showing up incorrectly. I've used Cacti to poll the device and it is able to successfully map the ifName to Interface Name but for some reason SCOM is unable to. The OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1 returns the correct interface names (e.g 1/1) and I believe this is what SCOM is using but it appears that this not working? It does seem to be working on quite a few other models but one of the problem ones is the DGS-6600-CM. It looks like SCOM is taking the ifIndex and putting PORT- in front of it.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any hints?

Thanks!

Friday, February 22, 2013 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have the same problems with several Cisco devices. It makes it really hard to identify which network interface that is down. Did you find an solution?

Torboro

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:46 AM
  • Hi Torboro

Unfortunately no, we looked at it for some time and were playing around under the covers to add custom devices but in the end SCOM just isn't the right tool for the job. I just don't think SCOM has the capabilities to match any kind of half decent network monitoring package, despite what Microsoft says. We just don't use SCOM for that functionality.

Sorry I don't have better news.

DreamweaverN

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:52 AM