NPS Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have information on implementing a Health Policy to check Wi-Fi clients for AV software?  I can't seem to get it to work. Doug

• Moved by Amy Wang_ Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:11 AM NAP related from security forum
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Doug,

What client operating system are you using? You need to ensure you configure the correct tab in the WSHV for this.

The WSHA checks the status of AV software in Security Center. This is also called Action Center, depending on the client OS version. In Action Center, under Security, you will see the status of Virus protection. If it is On then AV software is considered installed and running.

My recommendation to you is to first verify that a health policy is working that requires Windows Firewall or Windows Updates is enabled. When you are sure this is working, switch it to require an Antivirus application is running and check the results.

-Greg

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Doug,

What client operating system are you using? You need to ensure you configure the correct tab in the WSHV for this.

The WSHA checks the status of AV software in Security Center. This is also called Action Center, depending on the client OS version. In Action Center, under Security, you will see the status of Virus protection. If it is On then AV software is considered installed and running.

My recommendation to you is to first verify that a health policy is working that requires Windows Firewall or Windows Updates is enabled. When you are sure this is working, switch it to require an Antivirus application is running and check the results.

-Greg

Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:50 AM
  • Hi Greg,

They are Windows XP/7 clients.  I'll perform your recommendations and let you know.  Thanks, Doug

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:22 PM