Permissions to push Client Agent installs RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

We need to give a user the permission to right click a computer and run the Install Client Agent Permission.

However I have looked through all the permissions and cannot see which one(s) would be required so they are able to perform that task.

I thought it might be under the Collection object but there is no "Deploy Client Agent" permission.

Anyone know which permissions are needed please?

Thanks

David Z

Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:53 AM

Answers

• Infastructure Administrator is probably going to be an overkill to start with. The only permissions required for client push to be available is the following on the Collection:

• Read
    • Modify Resource

And the following on Site

• Read

I would start by copying the remote control security role (Since this group only has permissions on collection) remove the remote control related setting and add the above permissions.

Justin Chalfant | My Blog | SCUP Catalog | LinkedIn | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your post

Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:13 PM

All replies

• The Infrastructure Administrator security role includes the required permissions to manage client push installation. You could start with this and then create a customised security role to suit your requirements.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:37 PM Edited blog address
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Infastructure Administrator is probably going to be an overkill to start with. The only permissions required for client push to be available is the following on the Collection:

• Read
    • Modify Resource

And the following on Site

• Read

I would start by copying the remote control security role (Since this group only has permissions on collection) remove the remote control related setting and add the above permissions.

Justin Chalfant | My Blog | SCUP Catalog | LinkedIn | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your post

Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Thanks.

For some strange reason, when we push clients using the wizard, we have to specify "Install the client software from the specified site" otherwise we always get an error. In addtion to the above permissions I also had to add the site to their scope and all was fine.

Cheers

David Z

Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:35 PM