2 Windows 10 1607 clients refuse to report to WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a client with 50 or so Windows 10 boxes. All are configured to communicate with WSUS via group policy and all of them do except 2 of them.

If I remove the 2 that are not working and then wait a bit, they reappear in the WSUS unassigned area and I move them into the appropriate container. However they never actually report their status... It is so strange because they are obviously communicating with WSUS. All policies are the same...

I have tried running scripts on them that re-authorize and delete reg keys. I've tried running report now script but absolutely nothing changes.

To make things even stranger, I managed to get one of them to report for all of about 2 days and then they stopped reporting again.

any ideas anyone? I am out of them.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi dubsdj,

What is the build of the Windows 10 clients, if they are not the latest one, please check the following article to install the rollup manually, check if after installing the rollup could work:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-and-windows-server-2016-update-history

Besides, also try resetting windows update components on clients:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/971058/how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Thanks I'll check that
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:33 AM
  • Hi dubsdj -MCITP -CCV-V,

Just to check if you get any progress with your issue? Welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:32 AM
  • To fix this I have had to manually install kb3213986-x64 on every 1607 PC.

I have also had to change the group policy: Computer Configuration > Admin templates > Windows Components > Delivery Optimization > Download mode = Bypass

workstations seem to be reporting now.

I honestly cannot remember a time where WSUS has been such a headache.. The client is on the brink of rolling back to Windows 8.1 because of the lack of trust that updates are being installed efficiently. I can't blame them honestly as it seems to be a broken system currently.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:44 PM
  • Hi dubsdj-MCITP-CCA-V,

Thanks for your feedback.

Honestly, after win10 1607 and server 2016 released, WSUS has a little trouble deploying updates for them intermittently.

If you want a stable environment, you may rollup up the system, at the same time, I believe win10 and win2016 will work better and better with later updates released. Thanks for your understanding.

(Besides, if you want to end this thread, you may mark your reply as answer)

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:41 AM