Select from more than default Manual Activity template...? RRS feed

• Question

• Wanting to allow Incident Resolves/Activity Implementers to add additional activities into the Incident Request as it gets actioned.  Currently I get the Manual Activity object when I choose the Add function.  I had created what I thought was additional activitity templates.  Did this by copying the Default Manual Activity template, saving in my private MP and then renaming.  I can't get it to show up when adding a new activity into an existing incident request.

Thoughts please...

O.

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Incident process is different than SR or CR process (ITIL Process).

You can only use Manual or RB activities. After select the class (ex Manual Activity) you can choose the Template.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

• Proposed as answer by BOVI Rémy Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by drnewo Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:01 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To resolve this issue, you must allow the implementers to access your private management pack.

You can add a new impleter user roles, and allow access to the MP :

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:15 PM
  • I am currently using a full administrative account.  What I am getting when I add an activity to an existing incident is this.  I tried the pulldown list alongside "Frequently used basic classes" but there are no extra options.

What I would like to see is the following template list to choose from.  This template list shows up when I add an activity to an existing Change Request and gives me a larger list of activity templates to select from.

O.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:25 PM
  • the first dialog is CLASS selector. the second is TEMPLATE selector. so you want an impossible thing.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:04 AM
  • the first dialog is CLASS selector. the second is TEMPLATE selector. so you want an impossible thing.

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Agreed - however I'm wanting to add a new activity to a workitem (Incident in this case).  I get the option to choose for Change and Service Requests - why should an Incident Request be any different?  Effectively I am trying to add an activity/action to an "In Progress" workitem.

O.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

Incident process is different than SR or CR process (ITIL Process).

You can only use Manual or RB activities. After select the class (ex Manual Activity) you can choose the Template.

Best Regards Rémy BOVI

• Proposed as answer by BOVI Rémy Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by drnewo Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:01 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Thanks - hadn't realised the activity template option opened, once you slected the Manual Activity class.  Extra clicks but probably OK.

O.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:01 PM