none
Kiosk mode is not enough RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm trying to configure something similar to a strengthen kiosk mode: I enabled "force full screen" so all bars are invisible, I setup the homepage, but uisers also should not be able to modify any other thing in IE nor navigate in other sites. I disabled almost all features and shortcuts using the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions but some of them still work, like Ctrl-E that is Browser History that let the user access to history and to installed search providers. Is there a way to limit this?

Thank you

• Edited by maurice7785 Monday, February 15, 2016 2:39 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I think you want to restrict users from changing settings in Internet Explorer.

If so, I find out a method to achieve it by registry online, please be careful while working in the registry. I advise you create a backup of Registry before you proceed.

There is article introduces How to Restrict Users from Changing Settings in Internet Explorer Options Window, please refer to for some prompt.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-options-disable-tabs-or-hide-tabs-in-internet-explorers-internet-options-dialog-box/

In addition, I know a group policy to hire the Menu Bar, also can limit user’s behavior.

Please go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Internet Explorer. Find out Turn on menu bar by default, double click it and select disable.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I think you want to restrict users from changing settings in Internet Explorer.

If so, I find out a method to achieve it by registry online, please be careful while working in the registry. I advise you create a backup of Registry before you proceed.

There is article introduces How to Restrict Users from Changing Settings in Internet Explorer Options Window, please refer to for some prompt.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-options-disable-tabs-or-hide-tabs-in-internet-explorers-internet-options-dialog-box/

In addition, I know a group policy to hire the Menu Bar, also can limit user’s behavior.

Please go to Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Internet Explorer. Find out Turn on menu bar by default, double click it and select disable.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:24 AM