Power Pivot data model not loading RRS feed

• Question

• When hitting the "Manage data model" button, I get error message: "We couldn't load the Power Pivot add-in. First try Office Repair to fix this issue. The error below should help if that doesn't work. The type initializer for 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.SharedIcons' threw an exception".

Any fix suggested?

Thanks 

Giovanni

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's version of Excel do you use?

Did this problem appear in all Excel files?

Please try to repair Office application:

https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Please also check if Power View can be used in Excel.

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 9:34 AM