unlock-adaccount schedule task RRS feed

• Question

• how do i run a schedule task with the command

unlock-adaccount -identity "CN..........DC=COM"

i need it to run it every 2-3 hours

Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

first of all: I second Bill's motion to find the source of the problem (failed authentication attempts can be read from the Security Event Log of the authenticating Domain Controller).

If a swift bandaid however is needed first, you can do this by building a scheduled task in the Task Scheduler. Powershell.exe accepts quite a few parameters, which you can specify in this task. Remember to set an account, that has the permission to run this command, as the executing account.

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:30 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 7:26 AM

All replies

• I recommend finding out what's locking the account. Unlocking it every 2-3 hours is only a band-aid.

You can find out about that by asking in the security forum.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Hi Jon,

first of all: I second Bill's motion to find the source of the problem (failed authentication attempts can be read from the Security Event Log of the authenticating Domain Controller).

If a swift bandaid however is needed first, you can do this by building a scheduled task in the Task Scheduler. Powershell.exe accepts quite a few parameters, which you can specify in this task. Remember to set an account, that has the permission to run this command, as the executing account.

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:30 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 7:26 AM