FTP and Vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need help with Windows Vista and FTP and Publisher 07.  I am trying to upload a website with Publisher using ftp in Vista.  It continues to give different reasons / codes, etc.  for not letting me do it.  I had no problem when I used publisher  and Windows XP (but that computer fried) so here I am.  A couple of questions?  Does Vista have ftp applications?  Do you have to do anything special to turn them on?  I have been trying to read all post I can find.  So I have tried many things ie:  turn off firewall, look for ftp under install/ uninstall.  Vista will give a 550 code and then the next time it will look as if it is going to upload and then it will tell me I do not have access.  Please can anybody help.
    Monday, September 29, 2008 2:56 AM

All replies

• I have Vista Home Preimum and I am able to use FTP.  I installed File Zilla.  It is an easy application to install and very user friendly.  I have been able to upload files and download files with no problem using that program.  I did not have to do anything special for mine to work.  Let me know how it works out for you?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:19 PM
  • Sorry, I forgot to post the link to download filezilla.  http://filezilla-project.org/

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:20 PM
  • I will try anything - and I really appreciate your taking the time to come back with the link.  Not sure how to use filezilla, but will give it a try.  Thanks Again

Friday, October 17, 2008 1:22 AM
  • Well you need any help with that program, let me know.  I can help.
    Friday, October 17, 2008 12:29 PM