timezone in meeting invites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user who is located in Israel, his timezone is configured as Jerusalem (currently DST is enabled in Jerusalem timezone), the user created a new meeting and invited several persons from US, UK and Italy,

The invitees from US and UK received the meeting OK, but the invitee from Italy received the meeting as it was one hour ahead, 

Can any please explain me what may be the root cause of this issue?

The invitee from Italy does see in his outlook that the organizer (my user) set up the meeting in the Jerusalem time zone, 

As far as I understand, when a user set up a meeting and invite someone else, outlook/exchange should convert the time in the meeting to UTC time, but it seems like this is not working properly in this case,

Please help,

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:08 PM

All replies

• In my long experience problems with times in Exchange and Outlook calendars have always been caused by incorrectly set time, time zone, or DST setting on either the client machines or servers, missing DST patches, or localities with nonstandard or recently changed DST practices.  I have yet to learn of any exception to this rule.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

since it works for two but fails for 1 i guess you should asked the one that failed that he doesnt have alternate calendar enabled with different timezone.At least this have been a case i had earlier.

This can be checked in Outlook-file-options-calendar and check if alternate calendar is enabled.

Hope this helps.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:15 PM