none
ie for my computer RRS feed

• Question

• I uninstalled IE 10 from computer because I found it was always in trouble  so I am tying to get back to IE but I donot know which one to get   I have a 64 bit windwos8.1
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi km.austin,

Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

"I uninstalled IE 10 from computer "
    How did you do that?

As far as I know, Internet Explorer 11 is combined with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 10 is combined with Windows 8.
    If you are using Windows 8.1, you should get Internet Explorer 11.

Please ensure the machine has got the latest updates and open an administrator command line to run "dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

We could re-enable Internet Explorer from the Programs and Features control panel.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Turn Windows Features on or off.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Windows Update

will install any pending updates, the latest version of IE suitable for your Windows version.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, October 26, 2015 2:15 AM
  • In Windows 8.1 ie is a feature so you can't really uninstall it you can turn it off and on. this should tell you how to turn it on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378
    Monday, October 26, 2015 2:18 AM
  • Hi km.austin,

Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

"I uninstalled IE 10 from computer "
    How did you do that?

As far as I know, Internet Explorer 11 is combined with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 10 is combined with Windows 8.
    If you are using Windows 8.1, you should get Internet Explorer 11.

Please ensure the machine has got the latest updates and open an administrator command line to run "dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

We could re-enable Internet Explorer from the Programs and Features control panel.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features\Turn Windows Features on or off.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:21 AM