none
Access Denied (0x80070005) cannot figure out why i am getting this error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a DPM 2012 R2 UR1 server which is working fine, backing up, Hyper-V virtual servers from a SOFS SMB Share Cluster (cluster A)

I have setup an new SOFS cluster (Cluster B), with new Storage, a Clean install, added this to SCVMM, installed the DPM agent on all nodes. enabled the File VSS role, as per the configuration guide. rebooted all the nodes. (except hyper-v nodes)

I Added the File Share to my 2012R2 Hyper-v Cluster in SCVMM, and I have checked all the permissions on the Share, all the Hyper-V hosts have correct permissions, on the Share, (security and Share permissions).

The new SOFS cluster B nodes have delegation rights in AD, as does my current SOFS cluster A.

The setup on cluster A looks identical to cluster B. I have Storage migrated a couple of VM's from file share-1 on to File share-2 on the new cluster, and they are all running fine. yet when I try to back them up from DPM. I get, :-

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running (ID 104 Details : Access is Denied (0x80070005))

not sure whats going on here, I have setup everything the same as before.

does anyone have any suggestions.

thanks

Mark

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi, after doing some diagnostics, I found that DPM was still looking at the old cluster when trying to intiate a DPM backup, anyway I came back in to work this morning, and it was all working fine, I can only imagine, there is some timer job that refreshes the config over night, but it takes 12 hours before any VM's moved to the new cluster will work.

if anyone knows how to force this refresh that would be cool.

rebooting DPM doesn't resolve this.

so its resolved.!!

cheers

Mark

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:44 AM

All replies

• Did you check to make sure your new cluster has permissions to SCVMM?
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:30 PM
  • Hi, after doing some diagnostics, I found that DPM was still looking at the old cluster when trying to intiate a DPM backup, anyway I came back in to work this morning, and it was all working fine, I can only imagine, there is some timer job that refreshes the config over night, but it takes 12 hours before any VM's moved to the new cluster will work.

if anyone knows how to force this refresh that would be cool.

rebooting DPM doesn't resolve this.

so its resolved.!!

cheers

Mark

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:44 AM