Exchange Connector Forwarded emails RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to filter mails in exchange connector other than it is configured, like affectedd user is the cc user? or when a user A send an email to helpdesk and then i forward the mail from helpdesk account to service manager account, i dont get the helpdesk as affected user but as user A?

Also is there a way to change incidents affected user from the console, when this incident was created with email?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently, you would need to create your own Exchange processing workflow or connector to do this for you.

Working with the EWS API is quite straight forward, for example:

//Connect to Exchange
    ExchangeService exs = new ExchangeService(ExchangeVersion.Exchange2010_SP1);
    exs.AutodiscoverUrl("workflowaccount@yourdomain.com");
    FindItemsResults<Item> foundEmails = = exs.FindItems(WellKnownFolderName.Inbox, new ItemView(iMaxEmails));

//Build property set
    PropertySet pSet = new PropertySet(EmailMessageSchema.Body);
    pSet.Add(EmailMessageSchema.Subject);
    pSet.Add(EmailMessageSchema.From);
    pSet.Add(EmailMessageSchema.HasAttachments);
    pSet.Add(EmailMessageSchema.Attachments);
    pSet.Add(EmailMessageSchema.IsRead);

//Set to request plain text body rather than HTML
    pSet.RequestedBodyType = BodyType.Text;

foreach (Item i in foundEmails.Items)
    {
      EmailMessage em = EmailMessage.Bind(exs, new ItemId(i.Id.ToString()), pSet);
    }

The hard part is coding to handle all the different classes and updating via tokens in the body, that takes a little longer...

There is nothing stopping you from changing the affected user on the incident form after is has been created, regardless of source, unless you have customised the form and disabled the property?

Cheers,

Rob

Monday, July 4, 2011 7:43 PM