none
Lync Client Login Issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have one computer in our organization that is having problems logging users into Lync Online using the Lync 2013 client. We have tried multiple users on this computer and whenever one of them opens Lync it says "Contacting server and signing in" and then never times out or generates an error. 

I have gone through both the Troubleshooting Lync Online sign-in for admins and for users and none of the steps helped. Here's exactly what I've done so far. 

Verified user was properly licensed and could login to portal.microsoftonline.com

Deleted sign-in info for the user both in the Lync 2013 application and by manually clearing the sip folder from APPDATA\Local\Microsoft\Office\15\Lync.

Verified the time and date are correct and match the "net time" for the server. Changed the time to a different time zone and back with no success.

Logged in primary user on a different computer successfully

Logged into computer as a different user and tried to login with no success.

Manually set Lync server settings.

Disabled Windows Firewall and Endpoint Protection

Ran gpupdate to make sure policies were up to date

Uninstalled Lync 2013 and reinstalled Lync 2013

Uninstalled Office 2013, restarted, deleted leftover office folders from Program Files and AppData\Local\Microsoft, Reinstalled Office 2013, restarted. 

This is the only computer I know about in our environment that is having this issue and the user can log in to other computers so it appears to be a specific issue with this computer. Nothing I have tried has worked and all the articles and forum posts I've found seem to be a mix of the above steps. Anyone have any other suggestions besides re-imaging the computer which we may have to do but can't be done for the next couple of months for business reasons

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Prashant,

It might be a certificate error within the network. You need to install certificate for access within the network. 

Can you check it by connecting from another network in the same machine

Regards,

Saurav

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:51 AM
  • Hello Saurav,

we use single network here, I think there is some thing wrong with PC only.

there is no nay issue with other computer all are working fine.

Regards,

Prashant

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:33 AM