ActiveX in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Will we be able to install IE 11 in Windows 10?

If not then how would we be able to use ActiveX in the new Edge browser?

Mediocre Access 2010 | (Baby) Beginner C Sharp | OK at Active Directory (2012) | Fragmented understanding of DNS/DHCP | Laughable experience with Group Policy | Expert question asker on MSDN Forums

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:57 PM

Answers

• UpTide Windows 10 will have IE 11 for legacy support, If you open Spartan and check setting there is an option to switch to IE,
    Monday, May 11, 2015 11:37 PM

All replies

• UpTide Windows 10 will have IE 11 for legacy support, If you open Spartan and check setting there is an option to switch to IE,
    Monday, May 11, 2015 11:37 PM

Mediocre Access 2010 | (Baby) Beginner C Sharp | OK at Active Directory (2012) | Fragmented understanding of DNS/DHCP | Laughable experience with Group Policy | Expert question asker on MSDN Forums

This is just my assumption.......

I think it is safe to say that at least at the beginning of Windows 10 RTM release, MS will give users the option to switch from Microsoft Edge to IE11 if needed. Just like now we can switch from Spartan to IE11 in build 10074.

MS will phase out Internet Explorer eventually, but in a gradual manner.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:02 AM

a lot of old technologies are being phased out in favor of HTML 5

that includes activex and silverlight etc

MSFT Signature

Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!
    Vegan Advocate How can you be an environmentalist and still eat meat?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:07 AM

This is just my assumption.......

I think it is safe to say that at least at the beginning of Windows 10 RTM release, MS will give users the option to switch from Microsoft Edge to IE11 if needed. Just like now we can switch from Spartan to IE11 in build 10074.

MS will phase out Internet Explorer eventually, but in a gradual manner.

IE11 is the last version and its now being phased out due to the plethora of security problems

MSFT Signature

Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!
    Vegan Advocate How can you be an environmentalist and still eat meat?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 12:08 AM