none
How to fully disable automatic update in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Due to some technical issue in the latest windows 10 update (creators update), I have to disable windows update.

I tried a few solution but they were not able to fully disable the automatic update.

Would you mind please help me to find a stable solution for it?

Best regards,
    Reza

• Moved by Stanly Fan Thursday, January 25, 2018 5:45 AM
    Saturday, January 20, 2018 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid we cannot "fully" disable Windows update: we can just postpone/delay it for some period (max is 16 months for users of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions).
    Please refer to the following article:
    FAQ: How to manage Windows 10 updates
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/faq-how-to-manage-windows-10-updates/

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:13 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I am using Windows 10 Home edition.

I tried several ways such as regedit, gpedit.msc and services.msc. But none of them worked for even a day.

Kind regards,
    Reza

Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:39 PM
  • Hi Reza,

Don't get angry. I suppose it would be better updating than trying to stop it.
    We are forced to update sooner or later, so, it would be better to think about resolving issues if occur.

Which version are you using? and what is your technical issue? Would you explain details?

# You can know version: [Windows] key + [R] > type "winver" and [Return]

Best regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:10 AM
  • Hi Ashidacchi

Honestly, I really worried rather that being angry.
    I have chosen the new Windows environment to develop my project application. Sadly, I have regret for making that decision and put my project in risk.

The story started a few days after the official release of the first creators update. within this update, I was not to able to establish GATT service with custom UUIDs. I reported it and have been told it's a known issue and will be fully resolved by next update. (please see following link)

[RS2:1703][UWP][C#][BLE/GATT] Issue with Creators Update using GetDeviceSelectorFromUuid

The second creators update almost ruined my project. It came with serious resolved issue. I reported again and have been told it's a known issue!

[RS3:1709][UWP][C#][BLE/GATT] Issue in GattCharacteristic Class with Fall Creators Update

I don't believe this issue will be solved. Just want to stop automatic update for 6 month and using latest stable version (Anniversary Edition).

Best Regards,
    Reza

• Edited by Reza Neam Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:45 AM
    Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:17 AM
  • Hi Reza,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 2:22 AM
  • Hi Reza,

I'm not sure but it may be helpful to stop [Windows Update] service. (Sorry, if you have done it already)
    [Windows] key + [R] > type "services.msc" > [Windows Update]

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, January 22, 2018 4:28 AM