none
Adding disks to the DPM 2012 storage pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am currently using DPM 2010 and evaluating DPM 2012. In the 2012 setup (on a dedicated virtual server 2012 instance) I have figured out most of the setup, but I cannot add a protection group.

I have created a 100GB drive on the server and initialized it as a dynamic disk with a simple volume. At the point where I added the disk to the storage pool, it showed up as 99.98GB free space. As soon as it was added, it displayed in DPM as a 100GB drive with 104GB allocated. If I try to add a protection group it will tell me that there is not enough space in the storage pool. The drive that I am trying to add is 20GB.

What do I need to do? Is there some minimum size that a disk needs to be to be in the storage pool?

Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Simply delete the 100GB Simple Volume so the dynamic disk is all unallocated free space and DPM will be able to use it when you make new Protection groups.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Simply delete the 100GB Simple Volume so the dynamic disk is all unallocated free space and DPM will be able to use it when you make new Protection groups.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Mike, that did it!
    Friday, January 17, 2014 1:37 PM