none
Setting up Secondary DPM Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a second DPM Server in my environment on which I want to test the secondary DPM Server functionality. In the Administrator console I can see that the DPM Agent is installed on the primary server and attached to the Secondary (as shown below)

However when I read the following documentation to setup Secondary DPM Server It says that On the agents tab in the management area, select a primary DPM Server and in the details pane, next to protected servers enabled for protection click modify. But I don't see any Modify Option in the Details area when I select the Primary DPM Server in the Agents tab. What am I doing wrong? The SQL Server VSS Writer and WMI Service is running on the primary dpm server

Monday, May 2, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The documentation you are reading is for DPM 2007.   DPM does not requires any additional configuration, simply make a new PG and expand out the primary DPM server data sources, the protected data sources should be listed there for you to protect.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 6:50 PM