Slow page loading, slow video playing, Vista, IE9 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues with my Gateway laptop, OS Window Vista with IE 9.When going to a website, page is slow to load.  When playing videos on youtube, it will play and then pause with the circle turning and turning, play again and do the same again.  Very agnoring when you want to watch something.  This happens not only in youtube but any videos I click on.  Started having issues right before Christmas.  Before that it was working just fine.  I think IE9 was also updated around this time.  A couple of times, some kind of driver stop working and my screen was blank and came back on.  Don't know what is causing it.  Registry has been cleaned.  Defrag done.  Clear out the cookies.  But nothing seem to help.  Any suggestion?

Adobe flasher has also been updated. 

• Edited by stk11 Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:55 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:46 PM

All replies

• Did the videos play properly on YouTube via IE 9 before? Or after just upgraded to IE 9, it failed to play?

What’s the detailed error encountered?

Did you try to install the Adobe Flash Player?

You may temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in clean boot to test.

If the issue persists, please try to restore the computer to the previous point when the issue not occurs.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:10 AM
  • I don't think I had IE9 very long to even notice if it was working properly.  It is playing videos but just slow.  It takes longer than usually to load a video and playing slow a little at a time.  I have re-install Adobe Flasher Player but still doesn't seem to help.

How do you check for detailed error encountered?

stk
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:21 AM
  • Hello,

What about to temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in clean boot to check this issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Sabrina

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Yes, disabling my third party security program and boot in clean boot does seem to load faster.  How do I go from here?

stk
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:21 PM
  • You may disable the third party security programs and services one by one to check which is the root cause.

Sabrina

Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:25 AM
  • I uninstalled Advanced System Care from my laptop.  It seem a little faster at loading a web pages.  Video playing seem slightly faster but still not back to normal.  
    stk
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:46 AM